The Bloody Maria is a tequila twist on the brunch-standard, the Bloody Mary. By swapping the vodka for Azuñia Blanco organic tequila, the flavors are elevated. Combining tequila, tomato juice, lemon juice, hot sauce, and celery salt, it’s a great complement to Sunday breakfast on Cinco de Mayo or any day of the year. The best part about the Bloody Maria is that you get to make it as spicy (or not) as fits your taste. Add a few dashes of hot or skip that step altogether. Try it organic by choosing all organic ingredients.
- 4 tbsp (2 oz.) Azuñia Blanco Organic Tequila
- 6 tbsp (3 oz.) Tomato Juice
- .5 tbsp (.25 oz.) Fresh Lemon Juice
- Dash Tabasco® Sauce
- Dash of Worcestershire® Sauce
- Dash of Celery Salt
- Seasoning Salt
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- Roll all ingredients between the two shakers back and forth 5-6 times.
- Pour into glass and add ice.
- Top with desired garnish.
Garnish: Lemon Wheel with Seasoned Salt Rim (or other favorite garnish: chili peppers, olives, pickled onions, bacon, celery stalk)
Pick up a Bottle
Azuñia tequilas can be found at fine restaurants, bars and retailers across the country.