The hardest part of this specialty watermelon cocktail, created by Shawn Monnin of Coasterra in San Diego, is slicing the watermelon. This delicious three-ingredient watermelon drink combines sweet, fresh watermelon puree and tart fresh-squeezed limes. It’s the perfect complement to summertime cuisine. This watermelon tequila drink will be your new go-to happy hour cocktail on the coast or off.
- 2 oz Azuñia Blanco or Reposado Organic Tequila
- 3 oz Seedless Watermelon Chunks
- 0.5 oz Triple Sec
- 0.5 oz Pomegranate Syrup (1:1)
- 0.75 oz Lime Juice
- 2 dashes Peychaud's Bitters
- Sea Salt for rim (optional)
- Puree the watermelon in a food processor until smooth.
- Strain, yielding approximately 1.5 oz of juice.
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker.
- Dump into a glass rimmed with salt.
Garnish: Watermelon Slices
Pick up a Bottle
Azuñia tequilas can be found at fine restaurants, bars, and retailers across the country.WHERE TO BUY