Created by mixologist Courtney Cox, the Rosa Huerta is quite literally a rose garden in a glass. The fragrant bouquet of Azuñia Reposado, homemade apple shrub, rose simple syrup, hints of grapefruit, and saffron bitters have a little buzz from sparkling club soda. It’s a gorgeous and delicious rose syrup cocktail with a delightful floral essence – worthy of being your next happy hour’s centerpiece.
- 1.5 oz Azuñia Reposado Organic Tequila
- 0.75 oz Homemade Spicy Apple Shrub*
- 0.50 oz Rose Simple Syrup
- 0.50 oz Q Grapefruit Soda
- 0.50 oz Q Club Soda
- 2-3 dashes of Bar Keep Saffron Bitters
- Combine tequila, Spicy Apple Shrub, and Rose Simple Syrup in in a shaker tin.
- Shake well.
- Pour over fresh ice into a tall glass.
- Top it off with Q soda, Q grapefruit, and a few dashes of bitters.
- Garnish with dehydrated apple slices.
2 cups apple cider vinegar
1 cup organic unfiltered cane sugar
1 cup water
2 medium gala apples, cored and diced
0.75 cup rose petals
1 serrano pepper, seeded and halved.
Add equal parts of sugar and water to a saucepan, and heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
Add apples, rose petals, and Serano chile.
Simmer until the fruit's juice blends well into the syrup.
Let that mixture cool.
Strain the solids with a fine strainer or cheesecloth.
Add vinegar to the syrup.
Bottle and store in the fridge.
Pick up a Bottle
You can find Azuñia tequilas at fine restaurants, bars, and retailers across the country.WHERE TO BUY