What is that masked spicy tequila cocktail? The Imposter, a clever cocktail masquerading as a Bloody Mary’s lighter and brighter little brother. Typically, gin-based, we’ve added Azuñia Blanco organic tequila, expanding on the peppery notes of the libation. Gin still makes the ingredient list, along with simple syrup, lime juice, muddled cherry tomatoes and basil, hot sauce, and orange bitters. Don’t be afraid to unmask this spicy tequila cocktail at your next weekend brunch.
- 1.5 oz Azuñia Blanco Organic Tequila
- 0.5 oz St. George Terroir Gin
- 1 oz Simple Syrup (1:1)
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 Cherry tomatoes, muddled
- 2 Basil leaves, muddled
- 0.5 bar spoon Cutino Sauce Co. Jalapeño Hot Sauce
- 2 dashes Orange Bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker.
- Shake and strain into ice-filled Collins glass.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaf, watermelon, and Turkish delights.
Garnish: Basil Leaf, Watermelon, and Tomato Turkish Delights
You can find Azuñia tequilas at fine restaurants, bars, and retailers across the country.WHERE TO BUY