We’ve had a love affair with tequila coffee drinks for quite some time now. The Zuniga Espress might be the drink that started it all. Espresso, Azuñia Añejo tequila, Molinari Caffé, Cherry Heering Liqueur, and vanilla syrup are simply sensuous in this coffee martini. Once you add a little java to your agave, you’ll understand why we fell head over heels for this powerhouse pairing.
- 3 tbsp (1.5 oz.) Azuñia Añejo Tequila
- 1 tbsp (.5 oz.) Molinari Café Liqueur
- 1 tbsp (.5 oz.) Cherry Heering Liqueur
- 1 tbsp (.5 oz.) Vanilla Simple Syrup*
- 1 shot of Espresso
- Combine ingredients into shaker and add ice.
- Shake for 10 seconds
- Strain with Hawthorne strainer into glass.
Boil 1.5 cups water
Add 3 fresh vanilla beans and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Strain out vanilla beans.
Re-measure liquid and add equal part fine-white sugar.
Stir until dissolved.
Glass: Martini or Coupe
Garnish: 3 Espresso Beans
You can find Azuñia tequilas at fine restaurants, bars, and retailers across the country.WHERE TO BUY