The Argentine Old Fashioned is a full-bodied, meaty drink that’s almost a meal in itself. The rich cocktail, made with Asada-infused Azuñia Añejo tequila, vermouth, Amaro Montenegro, and Angostura Bitters, conjures up the most romantic Spanish interludes. Whether you enjoy it paired with a decadent meal or stir one up to sip over deep conversation, we suggest you bring along a special someone. Cha, cha, cha.
- 2 oz Asado-infused Azuñia Añejo* Tequila
- .5 oz Cocchi di Torino Vermouth
- .5 oz Amaro Montenegro
- 2-3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Preparation: Stir
- *Asado-infused Azuñia Añejo:
- Infuse 1 bottle Añejo with left over Asado rendered fat (after cooking), probably ½ cup.
- Put ingredients together into a plastic container and let sit overnight.
- The next morning put infusion into the freezer.
- Allow fat to separate and strain liquid out of container through a coffee filter.
- Infused Tequila should taste meaty and smoky, but have no residual fat in the liquid.
Garnish: Orange Peel
You can find Azuñia tequilas at fine restaurants, bars, and retailers across the country.WHERE TO BUY