The highly acclaimed Citizen Public House in Scottsdale, AZ has elevated a standby bar snack by infusing it in a cocktail. The Agave Maize is a unique popcorn cocktail featuring Azuñia Blanco organic tequila, housemade pineapple syrup, fresh lemon juice, and the masterful heirloom popcorn reduction. The perfect mix of sweet and salt with a bright finish, the Agave Maize is more than just a popcorn-flavored cocktail. It’s a cocktail masterpiece sure to add a pop to any evening.
- 1.5 oz Azuñia Blanco Organic Tequila
- 0.75 oz Pineapple Syrup (1:1 pineapple juice to sugar)
- 0.75 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- Top with 1 bar spoon Heirloom Popcorn Reduction*
- Add all ingredients except reduction.
- Add ice.
- Shake for 8-10 seconds.
- Double strain over fresh ice into glass.
- Top with Reduction and Garnish.
Unsalted and unbuttered hierloom popcorn blended with equal parts water and sugar and strained to produce a thick syrup
Garnish: Lemon Peel Spiral
Glass: Old-Fashioned Glass