There is scientific evidence that suggests that some people are genetically predisposed to like the taste of cilantro. This drink is definitely for you. The Cucumber Cilantro Margarita was concocted by Shawn Monnin of Coasterra in San Diego, California especially for those of us that love the spicy herb. A distant relative of parsley, cilantro gives this drink a spice that bounces beautifully off the cool cucumber simple syrup. Made with Azuñia Blanco tequila, it is a practically perfect cocktail to add to your weekend barbecue menu.
- 2 oz Azuñia Organic Blanco Tequila
- 1 oz Cucumber Simple Syrup (1:1)
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 5 Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- Sea Salt (optional)
- Garnish: Cucumber and Cilantro
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker.
- Dump into a salt-rimmed glass.
- Garnish with cucumber slices and cilantro sprigs.
You can find Azuñia tequilas at fine restaurants, bars, and retailers across the country.WHERE TO BUY