In the storybook “Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,” the phrase “Open Sesame” opens the mouth of a cave to reveal wondrous riches hidden by the thieves. We’d like to think that our cocktail of the same name shows its hidden treasures. The Open Sesame is an enticing blend of sesame-infused Azuñia Reposado organic tequila, Madeira wine, and real ginger syrup are brightened with yuzu, a Japanese citrus.
- 3 tbsp (1.5 oz.) Toasted Sesame-infused Azuñia Reposado Organic Tequila*
- 1 tbsp (.5 oz.) Madeira Wine
- 1 tbsp (.5 oz.) Reál Ginger Syrup
- 1.5 tbsp (.75 oz.) Yuzu Juice
- Double Strain
- Top with Garnish
Garnish: Candied Ginger
*Toasted Sesame-Infused Azuñia Reposado Organic Tequila
1. Toast sesame seeds over medium-low heat for about five minutes until they “pop” and smell a bit similar to popcorn.
2. Transfer into a container and let cool.
3. Add 1 liter of Azuñia Reposado organic tequila and let infuse for 24 hours.
4. Fine-strain into a clean bottle.
5. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
You can find Azuñia tequilas at fine restaurants, bars, and retailers across the country.WHERE TO BUY