The Sonoran Desert is a majestic place and the sunrise over the expanse of the desert is more stunning than a painting. The Sonoran Sunrise cocktail is like an artist’s’ rendering of the sunrise in a glass. Azuñia Reposado organic tequila is layered with Orange Curacao, yuzu juice blend, and prickly pear syrup. The fruitiness is tempered with muddled jalapeño giving this drink a depth of flavors that can’t be missed – just like daybreak in the desert.
- 1.5 oz Azuñia Reposado Organic Tequila
- 0.5 oz Orange Curacao (Preferably Pierre Ferrand Dry Curacao)
- 0.75 oz yuzu juice blend (1:1 yuzu & fresh lemon juice)
- 0.5 oz prickly pear syrup (1:1 The Perfect Puree Prickly Pear Puree & Sugar)
- 1 jalapeno slice
- Muddle jalapeno in cocktail shaker.
- Shake all ingredients with ice.
- Double strain into glass.
- Serve over rocks.
Garnish: Dehydrated Orange Wheel
You can find Azuñia tequilas at fine restaurants, bars, and retailers across the country.WHERE TO BUY